EMPOWER YOUR FUTURE
Our approach to learning and development is simple: we start by identifying what senior nutrition programs need and want to know to be able to succeed now and into the future, and we use this information to design efficient and effective learning opportunities. Our primary goals are to help you build organizational and individual capacity, grow community resources and adapt to the significant marketplace changes that are influencing all professional areas within our field.
FOCUS AREA TRACKS
- Thought Leadership - Extending your mastery over the big-picture emerging and strategic issues that most impact our field.
- Management - Learning to effectively lead or direct people and organize resources to efficiently and effectively accomplish your program’s goals and objectives.
- Development and Fundraising - Helping you build sustainable revenue streams for your program or organization.
- Communications - Includes all strategic activities around building relationships, crafting messages, building a brand and spreading the word, internally and externally.
- Nutrition - Mastering a broad range of topics related to senior nutrition and food service operations.
- Volunteer Management - Managing all aspects of running a volunteer program.
- Financial Management - Developing the skills needed to monitor your organization’s financial condition to ensure the practice of good financial management.
BUILDING ON KEY COMPETENCIES
- Planning for the Future
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Planning
- Business Acumen
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Food Service Knowledge
- Revenue Development
MEALS ON WHEELS LEADERSHIP ACADEMY OFFERINGS
- Live and On-Demand Webinars - Offering more than 20 no-cost or low-cost webinars each year on topics that range from fundraising to nutrition to raising awareness and everything else that strengthens program performance.
- Meals on Wheels Annual Conference Courses - Convening professionals in the field to take on the most pressing challenges and opportunities in the field each year.
- Leadership & Specialist Certificate Program - Providing one-of-a-kind instruction tailored specifically for Senior Nutrition Professionals and formal recognition to honor your commitment to ongoing education.
Leadership Academy offerings aren't just for Meals on Wheels America Members, either!
Everyone in the aging and senior nutrition world looking to learn and grow is welcome.