CELEBRATE THE SHARE THE LOVE EVENT KICKOFF
CREATE A "SHARE THE LOVE DAY"
We know the holiday season can be an editorial calendar balancing act with year-end donation drives, #GivingTuesday, modified delivery schedules, volunteer events and other campaigns. One way you can make Share the Love stand out among all the messages going to your supporters (without competing with them) is by declaring Thursday, November 16, 2017 — the first day of the Event — "Share the Love Day." On this day, you can celebrate the new opportunity to support your program when buying a Subaru on social media, your blog or homepage, and/or with and email to your network.
This will not only help you steer clear of other messaging conflicts and give Share the Love the attention it needs to effectively drive sales and the selection of Meals on Wheels as charity of choice, but it will also enable you to complete revenue share activity requirements by generating social media posts, blog content or direct outreach emails to your network.
HOST AN EVENT
Another great way to kick off Subaru’s season of giving is by hosting a commemorative event at your office or your local Subaru retailer on Thursday, November 16, 2017 — the first day of the Share the Love Event!
- Generate enthusiasm among your entire staff about the Share the Love Event.
- Thank Subaru for their dedication and support.
- Celebrate with your staff and/or network of supporters, friends, and community members.
- Complete qualified activity requirements by taking pictures for social media, garnering media attention and hosting an event (at least 3 activities completed right there!)
- Present to staff and other attendees on the impact Subaru has had on your organization and/or the network at large if you’re a first-time participant.
- Invite staff from your local Subaru retailer to speak.
- Invite a meal site client to speak on how much Meals on Wheels means to them.
- Set up a photo booth and take fun pictures using the hashtag #ShareTheLove when posting on social media.
- Decorate your offices with Meals on Wheels balloons and Share the Love signage.
- Invite local press and other community partners.
- Have a reception with snacks or desserts — you can even order a cake with a Share the Love logo.
- Share ways that your supporters can get involved with Share the Love, including telling their personal network about the campaign, visiting your local retailer to thank them, etc.