Arlington, VA – November 15, 2022 – Meals on Wheels America, the national leadership organization supporting community-based programs across the U.S. dedicated to addressing senior isolation and hunger, announced today that it won a Best Culture Award from Kudos, the company that unlocks potential through employee recognition. The Culture Innovator category recognizes Meals on Wheels America’s commitment to creating a great workplace culture through efforts to improve employee recognition, employee engagement and overall employee experience.
“Consistent with our mission and vision, we have a caring and accountable culture, where service to each other and our stakeholders is paramount,” said Ellie Hollander, President and CEO, Meals on Wheels America. “At the end of the day, we recognize that everyone has a choice in a workplace, so we want our work environment and culture to stand out and be the great differentiator, so people are proud to work here.”
Some of Meals on Wheels America’s multi-faceted approach to culture includes:
- fostering a genuine culture of belonging with support from a staff-led committee helping the organization embed race equity, diversity and inclusion into all it does
- incorporating social activities, wellness challenges and employee recognition and celebrations with the help of a staff-led Culture Club
- providing Life Balance Days in recognition of the fact that work and life have become more blurred than ever and to allow individuals to focus on finding greater balance for themselves
- establishing a virtual Wellness Center to share monthly Health and Wellness tips and resources designed to help us live a better life and providing access to a no-cost Employee Assistance Program
- leveraging Kudos to allow staff at all levels to recognize and reward each other for their daily commitments to our cultural values: collaboration, accountability, service and learning
Kudos’ Best Culture Awards celebrate the idea that the right culture can help employees fulfill their need for meaning and purpose at work, leading to happier employees, improved engagement levels and improved retention rates. A great workplace also leads to increased productivity and better financial performance for organizations.
“There’s no denying the unprecedented challenges HR Leaders have faced in the last few years. The challenges persist, and organizations are now navigating massive shifts in work environments and a competitive war on talent. This year’s award-winners are truly at the top of their game, putting people and culture first with tools like Kudos to support their organizational goals; the results they are seeing are remarkable,” said Muni Boga, President and CEO at Kudos.
Learn more about working at Meals on Wheels America at www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/careers.
# # #
ABOUT MEALS ON WHEELS AMERICA
Meals on Wheels America is the leadership organization supporting the more than 5,000 community-based programs across the country that are dedicated to addressing senior isolation and hunger. This network serves virtually every community in America and, along with more than two million staff and volunteers, delivers the nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks that enable America’s seniors to live nourished lives with independence and dignity. By providing funding, leadership, education, research and advocacy support, Meals on Wheels America empowers its local member programs to strengthen their communities, one senior at a time. For more information, or to find a Meals on Wheels provider near you, visit www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org.
Kudos is an employee engagement, culture and analytics platform that harnesses the power of peer-to-peer recognition, values reinforcement and open communication to help organizations boost employee engagement, reduce turnover, improve culture, and drive productivity and performance. Kudos uses unique proprietary methodologies to deliver essential people analytics on culture, performance, equity, and inclusion, which provide organizations with deep insights and a clear understanding of their workforce. Based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, the Kudos platform is used in over 80 countries on six continents in a wide variety of industries and languages.