LOCK IN CURRENT MEMBERSHIP RATES FOR 2016 NOW
You may already know that we recently announced a new dues structure for the Association that is based on program size, as defined by senior nutrition operating budget. This change will apply to all new Memberships and renewals due on or after January 1, 2016. Lock in the 2015 rate of $150 per Member organization by renewing by December 31, 2015. Simply email email@example.com
to receive a 2016 dues invoice at the 2015 dues rate.
Questions? Contact our Chief Membership Officer Keith Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-339-1610.
HOME DEPOT CELEBRATION OF SERVICE FUNDING NOW AVAILABLE
We started in September to bring you along for Home Depot's fifth annual Celebration of Service, benefiting Meals on Wheels America and eight other fortunate national partners, to split up to $1 million in grants to serve veterans. We're happy to report that all the social media likes, shares, comments and #serviceselfies paid off and we've earned $80,000 in Home Depot gift cards that we will distribute to our Members on a first-come, first-served basis for Team Depot projects for your veteran clients.
WHAT TEAM DEPOT CAN DO FOR YOU
Every Home Depot retail store in the U.S. and Canada has a Team Depot program that collectively donates millions of hours, tools and supplies to community service projects every year, as well as contributes their own group of Team Depot volunteers. As part of our earnings in the Celebration of Service, your program could qualify to receive funding for the supplies and support needed for your client’s home repair projects.
The first step is to get your local Team Depot to agree to partner with you and provide volunteers for your special home repair project(s). When they do, you can request funding for the project (in the form of Home Depot gift cards) through our online grant system. Typical projects could include things like interior and exterior home repairs and beautification projects. Please note: specific support available to your program will vary based on your local Team Depot’s ability and your program’s need.
GET STARTED TODAY!
Follow these steps to create or leverage your relationship with a local Home Depot store and apply for our gift cards.
- If you don't already have a relationship with your local Home Depot store, reach out to the "Team Depot Captain" (typically the Store Manager) and ask if they'd like to do a Team Depot Project. It will be helpful if you assess the needs of your veteran clients prior to this conversation. Use the store finder to locate a Home Depot near you.
- Once your local Team Depot has accepted your program’s request to provide support, fill out a three-question funding application in our online grants management system explaining how you plan to use the gift cards. Members may request up to five $2,000 Home Depot gift cards, depending on the project(s) planned and funding available. The gift cards will be awarded by us and must be used on materials and supplies for your Team Depot project(s).
- Meals on Wheels America will review your request for the gift cards on a rolling basis now through May 1, 2016 and gift cards will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until the funds run out. You can expect to receive a funding decision within three weeks of submitting your application.
- Once you receive the gift card(s), we'll provide press templates and sample social media posts to help you publicize and promote your Team Depot events. We ask that, in addition to promoting your Team Depot event(s), you take before/after photos and complete a final impact report once the projects are complete.
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FOR MORE INFORMATION
The funding won't last long, so act fast by applying here! As always, we're happy to help. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com or call 888-998-6325 with any questions.
MEMBER DISCOUNT PROGRAM NOW PROVIDING NEW SOFTWARE SAVINGS
The Meals on Wheels America Member Discount Program makes it even easier and less expensive to utilize donor management software solutions to increase revenue and donor retention through our latest Group Purchasing Program partner, Bloomerang.
Bloomerang is a cloud-based donor management software tool designed to help small and mid-size nonprofits reach, engage and retain the advocates they depend on to achieve their goals. They’re now offering major savings for Meals on Wheels America Members:
- A 10% discount off all first year and renewal Bloomerang database fees.
SAVE EVEN MORE! The more Members that sign up for Bloomerang’s services, the more savings for everyone. For every 10 Member programs that sign up, Bloomerang will provide an additional 1% discount - up to 22% off! Please note that the maximum annual discount per Meals on Wheels Member is $5,000.
Already using Bloomerang? You are eligible to receive discounted service fees when you renew!
The Bloomerang discount is offered through our group purchasing organization, Premier. If you’re not a Premier member yet, get started by contacting Steven Skelton, Meals on Wheels America Business Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706.436.3999.
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Did you know that we have an online discussion group where Members just like you are actively collaborating with their peers on crucial topics? Contribute and learn about these topics by joining our LinkedIn Discussion Group here. A few of the most recent conversations topics in the group include:
- Best practices and products for transporting various meals;
- How and when to recognize donors; and
- Recommendations on emergency preparedness for inclement weather conditions.
LAST CALL FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO REDUCE 2016 UNEMPLOYMENT COSTS
You have until November 30 to enroll with Unemployment Services Trust (UST) to receive significant potential unemployment tax savings in 2016.
UST is a trusted Meals on Wheels America partner and offers protection against unnecessary unemployment costs for eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Just last year, UST members saved over $34 million in unemployment claims cost savings!
"We need to stretch our money as far as we can so that we can serve more people. Being part of the Trust saves money."
– Immediate Past Chair, Vinsen Faris, Meals on Wheels America
Don’t miss this deadline! Apply here. Questions? Contact a dedicated UST advisor at 888-249-4788 or email@example.com.
GALLO CONTINUES TO GIVE BACK TO MEALS ON WHEELS WITH EVERY CORK COUNTS™
Gallo Family Vineyards is continuing its partnership with Meals on Wheels America in our fight to end senior isolation and hunger through its annual Every Cork Counts™ program. The program’s goal is to raise awareness for Meals on Wheels and donate even more campaign funds so we can continue to support your program and the seniors you serve. Everyone can get involved with the campaign and we encourage you to do so!
GET INVOLVED WITH EVERY CORK COUNTS™
Participating in the campaign is easy and open to all. Simply submit any Gallo Family wine cork or screw cap between now and December 31, 2015 to generate a $1 donation to Meals on Wheels America. This year, it’s even easier to make every cork count using Gallo's digital cork collector. Here’s how:
- Pick up a bottle of your favorite Gallo Family Vineyards’ wines at a local retailer near you.
- Snap a picture of the Gallo Family cork or cap.
- Text “GALLO” to 811811 and follow the subsequent instructions on how to submit the Gallo cork or cap photo.
- Last and certainly not least, enjoy your bottle of Gallo wine!
If you prefer good ol’ fashioned snail mail, you can mail in your corks to:
Gallo Family Vineyards 2015 Every Cork Counts™
Dept. 10299, P.O. Box 5015
Stacy, MN 55078-5015
Cheers to sending in or snapping pictures of your corks and caps!
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Alpena Senior Citizens Center, Alpena, MI
Community Support Services of Niagara, Welland, ON
Connecticut Department of Social Services, Hartford, CT
Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley, Inc., Lawrence, MA
Meals on Wheels of Amarillo, Texas, Inc, Amarillo, TX
Murray Calloway County Senior Citizens Center, Murray, KT
Norcross Meals on Wheels Inc., Norcross, GA
San Fernando Valley Interfaith Council, Inc., Calabasas, CA