Thanks to the ongoing generosity and commitment of The Home Depot Foundation, Meals on Wheels America Members engaged in or interested in home repair can now apply to participate in The Home Depot Foundation Leadership Lab that will take place during the 2017 Meals on Wheels Annual Conference and Expo.
Through a brief application process, Meals on Wheels America will select Member organizations that demonstrate the most promise in their home repair efforts and/or are able to mentor other Members on home repair related activities to join The Home Depot Foundation Leadership Lab. Selected organizations will receive $725 to help cover the cost of one full 2017 Conference Registration and related travel expenses.
*Please note that selected organizations will be required to register and pay Conference Registration fees in advance of August 1, 2017, as well as book associated hotel accommodations and travel. Reimbursement checks for $725 will be provided onsite at the Conference. Selected organizations will have access to early-bird registration rates.
Meals on Wheels America will select Member organizations that fit into the following categories:
- CATEGORY 1: Home Repair Programs “In-the-Works” - Organizations that do not currently operate a home repair initiative, but are interested in starting one
- CATEGORY 2: New/Growing Home Repair Programs - Organizations that have a new and growing home repair initiative
- CATEGORY 3: Well-Established Home Repair Programs - Organizations that have a well-established home repair initiative are interested in mentoring other programs on their home repair efforts
Have you already registered to attend the 2017 Conference? Your organization is still eligible to receive a reimbursement check for $725 onsite at the Conference.
All eligible organizations must meet the following requirements in order to participate in The Home Depot Foundation Leadership Lab and receive the $725 reimbursement check:
- The organization must send a representative who works directly on home repair initiatives. This person’s title could include Case Manager, Case Worker, Social Worker, or anything with Home Repair, Fall Prevention or Home Safety in their title and/or job description. The organization cannot send a representative from their Fundraising and/or Communications team, unless specifically approved by Meals on Wheels America.
- At the Annual Conference and Expo, sit in a designated section with fellow Members participating in The Home Depot Foundation Leadership Lab at the networking breakfast on Wednesday, August 30, 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. This will provide an opportunity to network with other organizations to learn more about their successful practices and home repair opportunities with The Home Depot Foundation.
- Participation in The Home Depot Foundation Leadership Lab is only available to current dues-paying Member programs of Meals on Wheels America as of (the day before the application closes). Applicants must commit to remaining in good standing during the term of this program.
- As an eligibility condition to receive the Award, Member shall submit to Association the zip codes in which it provides services for use in Find-a-Meal and other purposes.
- As an eligibility condition to receive the Award, Member shall either: (i) adopt and license the Meals on Wheels Brand as provided here, or; (ii) download and display the 2017 Member Badge on its website and/or social media pages located here. Member shall provide evidence of such Brand adoption/usage upon request of Association.
- By December 31, 2017, participate in a follow-up survey to provide any updated details on your home repair work. This will be provided at a later date to all participating Programs.
APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED
Meals on Wheels America will review all applications and notify selected Member organizations in July.