STORY SUBMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Meals on Wheels America (“MOWA”) invites the public to submit stories and photographs of themselves or others whose lives have benefited from Meals on Wheels. The following Terms and Conditions apply to the submission of such stories and photographs to MOWA:
1. By posting, uploading or submitting a story or photograph to the Meals on Wheels America (“MOWA”) website, you hereby accept and agree to all of the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
2. All stories and/or photographs submitted to MOWA (collectively “Content”) become the property of the MOWA upon acceptance by MOWA. Acceptance for publication on the MOWA website or for other purposes is at the sole discretion of MOWA. MOWA reserves the rights to edit, modify and otherwise change any of the text provided, and to edit, crop, rotate, resize or otherwise modify any photographs submitted to MOWA. Obscene, provocative, or otherwise questionable content will not be accepted for publication.
3. By submitting Content, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all rights to your Content including, but not limited to, all the rights necessary for you to post, upload, input or submit such Content and to grant permissions to MOWA to use such Content as it deems appropriate. You warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the Content submitted, that such Content is original and does not infringe on the rights or property of others. Images must be submitted by the original photographer; you must be the sole owner of the copyright of any such image(s) submitted. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than yourself. By submitting Content, you are acknowledging that you have received explicit permission from individuals featured in such Content, and that your submission constitutes your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of such Content. Upon submission, your will relinquish your copyrights to the Content to the MOWA.
4. By submitting Content, you understand and agree to have your submitted Content displayed on the MOWA website, in social media channels, and in any other future publicity, publications, and/or fundraising materials as it deems appropriate without any fee or compensation to you or to anyone else depicted in such Content and you consent to such use. If you submit a photograph of some other individual or someone in the photo is under 18 years of age then you, by submitting the photo, acknowledge and agree that you have received permission from the individual or the minor’s legal guardian, who also understands and accepts all of the terms and conditions provided for herein. MOWA will not sell the photo, and credits will be provided to you as the submitted, whenever possible. If at any time the ownership of Content is contested in any manner, MOWA retains the discretion to discontinue use of such Content, which will be the sole remedy for any contested use.
5. By submitting Content, you agree to release and hold harmless MOWA and its directors, officers, staff agents, employees, affiliates and assigns (collectively “MOWA Releasees”) from any and all liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your submission of Content, including infringement of intellectual property rights. The MOWA Releasees assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind arising in whole or in part from this photo submission initiative.
6. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time at MOWA’s sole discretion. You are advised to visit this website frequently for the most current version of these terms and conditions. MOWA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or any portion of this Content submission initiative without notice if it chooses to do so for any reason whatsoever. If you have any questions on these matters, please contact MOWA at 703-548-5558.